Back Squat 10-8-6-4-2
Strict Press 10-8-6-4-2
Today we have three lifts that pop up in CrossFit over and over. If we were taking one-rep maxes in these lifts, they would actually comprise a benchmark workout called the CrossFit Total. The big commonality between all three lifts here is the necessity to breath and brace before each movement. Entire exercise science papers have been written on this subject, but if I had to summarize the basics of breathing and bracing I would boil it down to these points:
1. Breathe before the movement, not during.
2. Breathe in through both your nose and your mouth at the same time.
3. Take a medium-sized breath, not the largest one you can.
4. Lock that breath down in your torso by sticking your tongue to the roof of your mouth and pulling your ribs down towards your hip bones.
5. Continue to hold your breath in that position until the most difficult part of the movement is completed.
Question of the Day
What’s a popular TV show that you refuse to watch?
News and Announcements
Core Conversations Seminar – Saturday August 13th @ 10:30am – Click HERE for details.
King of the Mountain Event – Saturday September 10th – Click HERE for details
Zero One Nutrition Challenge starts August 26th! Click HERE for details.