As the stakes are about as high as the hype surrounding this year’s Pumpkin Carving Contest the official rules and regulations are HERE:
1. First things first, this is under no circumstances a pumpkin PAINTING contest. Absolutely NOT. Pumpkins MUST be CARVED in order to be entered into the competition
2. Can I hollow out my pumpkin before I get to the event? YES! In fact, please do! This will be more conducive to some great carving as it leaves more time to carve and not just be squishing your arm elbow deep in pumpkin guts. Also, less mess!
3. A clock will be set for 1 hour and this is your carving time limit. So I would come with a plan so you don’t end up with some basic pumpkin face with 2 triangle eyes and a mouth that looks like it hasn’t seen the dentist in 12 years.
4. If you have a “Pumpkin Carving Guy” thats great and cool to tell people at parties but honestly extremely useful for very little and also not acceptable for the competition. You, yourself and you must carve the pumpkin being entered into the competition. But wait, can my kids help me? Sure, your 7 year old that got an A- in art class can help. Not to concerned about little Joey who can now draw to the level that is basically a glorified “Life is Good” t-shirt.
5. Scoring is as follows: Each individual who has carved a pumpkin gets a token representing their vote for best pumpkin. You will place that token in the pumpkin you think is the best carved. YOU MAY NOT VOTE FOR YOUR OWN PUMPKIN.
6. Most importantly, this event is BYOP & BYOPCU (BRING YOUR OWN PUMPKIN AND BRING YOUR OWN PUMPKIN CARVING UTENSIL)
If these rules seem harsh (or say, I don’t know, spooky), good. This isn’t just for fun people, this is to WIN A C2 ROWER. If we do not have such rules what would be have? Anarchy, we would have anarchy.
HAPPY CARVING TILT