CROSSFIT TILT NUTRITION CHALLENGE
When: May 2 – June 4
At the end of the challenge, the top performer will be selected based on :
- Measurement Improvements: weight, waist and bodyfat
- Performance gains: baseline workout to be determined
- Scoring: Points from daily nutrition log
First place gets the entire pot along with our sponsor prize pack!
1 Point per meal (100% clean eating- no cheats) (allotted 4 meals per day)
All meals MUST contain a protein, carbohydrate, and fat.
Example: Eggs (protein), banana (carbohydrate), guacamole (fat)
+ 1 Bonus Point for a CF TILT class WOD or approved travel WOD (up to 6 days a week)
*If you eat OUTSIDE of your allotted meals, you will also subtract a point for each time. Yes, this means some days you could be in the NEGATIVE.
Eat Meat and Vegetables, Some Nuts and Fruit, Little Starch, and…
NO PROCESSED FOODS
This is not a weight loss challenge – it is a challenge to better our health and wellness, through eating only the best foods out there.
Will we see a loss of body fat during this challenge? Absolutely!
However that is simply a result of becoming healthier, by eating the way food was meant to be consumed… in it’s natural, unaltered state.
Real food grows in the wild – the way nature intended. “Food-stuffs” are man-made creations that may resemble food, but are truly not. We’re dropping that from our diets.
If you can’t hunt or gather it in the wild, it’s not something you should be eating.
(You won’t find a box of Chex Mix growing from a tree)
For this challenge, follow the Golden Rule above – Eat Meat and Veg…etc.
It’s truly as simple as that.
That will categorize 99% of foods to be Whole Foods or not.
For that 1%, the “Grey Area”, here’s our challenge-specific rules:
Say NO to:
- Sweeteners… honey, agave nectar, stevia, coconut sugar
- Dairy… cream in the coffee, cheeses, yogurt
- Corn and corn products
- Unnaturally processed condiments, dressings, sauces, marinades, or spices (read the labels)
- Dried Fruit
- White Potato, Rice, Quinoa
- Legumes (Peanuts, Beans, Soy, Chick Peas)
- Canola, vegetable, soybean, grapeseed oils
- All protein bars as meals. Quest Bars, Kaleo Cookies, Lara Bars.
- Juicing fruit (blending is OK – fiber + vitamins are lost when juicing)
- All sport supplements that are not directly before, during, or after training
- Whey protein,, Fuel for Fire, BCAAs, Kill Cliff… *See below for more details.
Commonly asked, and are OK:
- Deli Meats (as long as there isn’t sugar added)
- Sweet Potato (but not restaurant sweet potato fries… it can get ugly)
- Balsamic Vinegar (“Vinaigrettes” commonly have added sugars). Look into “Tessamae’s” dressings!
- Coconut, olive, avocado, and nut oils
- Coconut milk, almond milk (no added sugar)
- Grass-Fed butter, Ghee, Nutritional Yeast, Baking Soda/Powder, Salt
- Green Beans and Peas… but not chick peas!
- Coffee (black) and Tea (unsweetened), Seltzer Water
- Chicken and Beef broth/stock
- Mustards and Hot Sauces made with natural ingredients (check labels for sugars, unhealthy oils). Franks Red Hot is a go.
NOT Approved from Paleo Power Meals:
- Stuffed Red and Green Bell Peppers
- Sweet Potato Pancakes
- Chicken Milanese over Arugula
“ Can you explain the Post-Workout deal? ”
We encourage proper pre and post-workout nutrition! We are going to classify pre and post to be within 45 minutes of your workout. If taken outside that window, they will be points off your daily total. Whey protein (to include Fuel for Fire), BCAA’s, Creatine, Kill Cliff.
“ What about going out to dinner? ”
It is not our goal to become anti-social cave-dwellers! Still go out and enjoy – just be selective with your orders. Every restaurant out there will have options for some sort of meat/seafood as the main course. Start with that, and ask for extra veggies for the sides. Good to go, and is in the clear for the challenge!
Everyday Paleo – everydaypaleo.com
PaleOMG – paleomg.com
PaleoPot – paleopot.com (Crock Pot Recipes)
Approved Travel Workouts!
50 or 100 Burpees for time
3 Rounds For Time: Run 800m, 20 Squats, 20 Push ups, 20 Squats
4 Rounds For Time: Run 400 meters, 50 air squats
7 Rounds For Time: 10 Pushups 20 Sit ups 30 Squats
For Time: 300 Air Squats
5 Rounds For Time: Run 200m Run 10 Burpees
3 Rounds For Time: Run 400m 30 Pushups
4 Rounds For Time: 10 Handstand Pushups Run 200m
AMRAP 12: 10 Burpees, 15 Sit ups
Walk 100m on your hands, every time you come down complete 20 situps
10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 reps of burpees and a 100 meter sprint between each set
21-15-9 for time of: Burpees, Air Squats and Pushups
Spend a total of 5 minutes in a handstand
For Time: Run 1, 2 or 3 miles for time
“Tosh” 3 rounds of 200, 400, 600m run – rest equal running time
5 Rounds For Time: Handstand 30 seconds 30 Squats
In 10 minutes complete 1 mile run and as many burpees as possible
5x400m Run, 1 minute rest
10x100m sprints, Every minute on the minute.
24 – 21-18-15-12-9-6-3 reps of Chest slap push ups and Jumping squats
Tabata Squats, Push ups, Burpees and/or Sit ups
10 Rounds of: Handstand hold for :20, bottom of the squat hold :40 minute
For Time: 100 Pushups
3 Rounds: 50 Situps Run 400m
10 Rounds For Time: 10 Walking Lunges 10 Pushups
Lunge 400m for time
4 Rounds For Time: Run 400m 50 Air Squats
10 Rounds For Time: 10 Pushups 10 Squats
Tabata Squats: 20 seconds on 10 seconds rest, 8 rounds.
For Time: Run 800m 100 Air Squats Run 800m
10 Rounds: Handstand 30 seconds, to Squat hold 30 seconds